What's your build date??? - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What's your build date???

Member #
    I placed a deposit on a RRS Autobiography in San Francisco June, 2013. It was a custom order and the build date ended up being Nov 12, 2013. Delivery is scheduled for Jan 4, 2014. Very excited!

Member #

Question ship tracking? how do i find mine?

Quote Originally Posted by dRifter23 View Post
    According to ship tracking, my RRS should finally be on US soil! The vessel "Tamerlane" docked in Baltimore yesterday. Hopefully it will clear customs quickly and be on it's way to MN so that I can pick it up in the next couple of weeks.

-d

ship tracking? how do i find mine

how did you find out that info? i can barely get a build date right. one would think these things have built in tracking devices, but no such luck!

although my dealership went from zero to hero. date was Nov 29th. then Became Dec 24th, then just this past monday they told me it was updated to...that Monday. still no car, but they have invoice in hand and are telling me once they have that its only a matter of days. we shall see - it is a 7 seater, so very anxious!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Drove past the dealer this morning and saw our new HSE hiding in the back lot. It was finally delivered late last night. They havent put on the bumper skirts yet (I prefer the black bumper vs silver so I may have the dealer paint them). Review and photos to follow over the next few days.

Name:  rrs2 (3).jpg
Views: 558
Size:  91.2 KB
    rrDan likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RangeRoverSport.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CHI GIRL RRS View Post
    ship tracking? how do i find mine

how did you find out that info? i can barely get a build date right. one would think these things have built in tracking devices, but no such luck!

although my dealership went from zero to hero. date was Nov 29th. then Became Dec 24th, then just this past monday they told me it was updated to...that Monday. still no car, but they have invoice in hand and are telling me once they have that its only a matter of days. we shall see - it is a 7 seater, so very anxious!
    I've found that JLR don't have nearly the logistics support that the larger euro companies do. With BMW I have always been able to track the RFID tag as soon as the vehicle leave the production lot. BMW also give you the shipping info so that you can track where the vessel is. JLR don't do this as a matter of procedure. I had to do some digging and be pretty on top of my dealer to get the ship info. If you can get the ships info then you can just google "vessel tracking" and track by name to see where your ship is. Customs can take around two weeks to clear once it gets to the states and it can take another month just to get your vehicle scheduled to go from the port to the dealer depending on where you are located.

My vehicle cleared customs over three weeks ago. I am still waiting to hear back from the JLR Distro agent on when they will be shipping it to MN. The told me when it cleared customs that I should be driving it by the end of the week. However now it looks like I won't see it until after New Years.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I just heard from my dealer today and my RRS HSE is in!! The local dealer is putting on a few dealer installed options and winter tires and tells me that I should be able to pick it up on Monday which actually happens to be the 7 month anniversary of ordering the damn thing!!! This is going to be the longest weekend ever!!! I'm excited.

-d

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by protoplazm View Post
    I placed a deposit on a RRS Autobiography in San Francisco June, 2013. It was a custom order and the build date ended up being Nov 12, 2013. Delivery is scheduled for Jan 4, 2014. Very excited!
    My car arrived a day early (Fri, Jan 3rd) and got to pick her up. I hadn't driven it before placing the deposit and man, what a ride.

Name:  IMG_0065.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  50.5 KBName:  IMG_0067.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  54.5 KBName:  IMG_0068.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  42.5 KB

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Proto, could you please tell me if your car is Chile or Firenze? Cos I'm waiting for my Firenze, anyway yours looks stunning!

dRifter, did you get your silver one already?

Member #
    Thanks! It's Firenze Red.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMD View Post
    Proto, could you please tell me if your car is Chile or Firenze? Cos I'm waiting for my Firenze, anyway yours looks stunning!

dRifter, did you get your silver one already?
    Well it's been one step forward and three steps back for me lately in regard to taking delivery. Because my situation is slightly unique and I ordered my RRS in Germany and had it shipped to the US, there have been hoops to jump through. The vehicle has been ready for pick up however, somehow the MSO was lost in transit and I am having to wait on JLR to do their due diligence to find out where it went. Once that is complete if it's not found they will need to issue me a new one so that I can register the vehicle and finally drive the damn thing!

-d

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Search tags for this page

how long does it take to build a land rover

how long does it take to build a range rover

how long does it take to build a range rover sport

how long does it take to make a land rover

how long does it take to order a land rover

how long does it take to order a range rover

if i order a new landrover how long does it take to arrive to the us

land rover build dates

Click on a term to search for related topics.