No 22" wheel option for 7 seat spec. Reason? Solution?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: No 22" wheel option for 7 seat spec. Reason? Solution?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

No 22" wheel option for 7 seat spec. Reason? Solution?

Verified this with salesman who told me the reason revolves around 7 seat optioned vehicles requiring extra space in the rear wheel well in order to accommodate the extra seats. This infers that the 22 inch wheels are too wide. I was disappointed by this and wonder if anyone can verify his info or add to it. I really like the 22 inch wheel accessory option in the configurator. Why doesn't land rover supply a specialized 22 inch wheel option that is narrower so it fits back there? The car looks so much hotter with the 22's. I am sure it is a width/rim issue and I am sure the aftermarket will supply options but at a very dear cost.
    dr_ashk likes this.
    Past: 2008 RRS SC
    Present: 2010 RRS SC
    Future: 2014 RRS Autobiography

Also in the stable: 2013 S4, 2010 R8 V10

Member #
    I looked around the net and can't find anything. You're right, it's a major style sacrifice.

IBA
    Member #
    The reason is that 22" wheels do not have the same weight capacity. I.e. with the additional passengers in the third row and the possibility of 3.5 tons of towing weight, then one cannot use 22" wheels.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RangeRoverSport.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    ah, that makes sense. I can't see Land Rover having a different wheel well designed just for 22s.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    Can you fit aftermarket 22 rims on the 5+2 vehicle set up?

IBA
    Member #
    Yes, I would assume so, but I would also assume that the car is not certified for 22"

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IBA View Post
    The reason is that 22" wheels do not have the same weight capacity. I.e. with the additional passengers in the third row and the possibility of 3.5 tons of towing weight, then one cannot use 22" wheels.
    A dealer told me the 5+2 takes up space requiring the wheel well to be smaller

IBA
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Amcola View Post
    A dealer told me the 5+2 takes up space requiring the wheel well to be smaller
    With the 5+2 there is no space for any spare wheel (no matter what size) - you get a repair kit.

Member #
    Excuse a belated comment, but I take it the 22 inch wheels being 'too wide' refers to the tyre width and the 'wheel well' does not mean the spare wheel well, since there is no spare on 7 seaters. All RRS wheel/tyre combos have the same 31 inch diameter and, weirdly, 19 inch and 20 inch do not appear to be available on 7 seaters in the UK either, leaving 21 inches as the only wheel size with 7 seats, though the USA differs. 7 seats also seem to limit the V8's top speed to 140 mph rather than 155 mph.

Member #
    I doubt it is tire, wheel, or overall vehicle weight capacity related. It would have been simple for the manufacture to design a 22" wheel to handle any additional weight capacity. Also there are more and more tires available designed to do the same. If in fact we find out it is the reason of the additional weight capacity limiting the 22" wheel optional on the +2 equipped RRS, then a simple fix would be to go with aftermarket 22" wheels/tires after the purchase as there are plenty of suv/truck wheels/tires that will carry any additional weight capacity this vehicle would ever see. I am guessing the manufacture calls the optional rear seat a +2 for a reason. In addition to a lack of space, it may not be designed to carry the weight capacity of a "normal" adult. I can't help but wonder if the absence of the spare in lieu of this +2 seat, lightens the overall vehicle curb weight (without the 2 passengers).
    It seems more feasible to be a wheel well clearance issue. Can someone verify that a RRS equipped with the rear optional seat has a different rear wheel well clearances as a RRS without the rear optional seat?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

2014 range rover sport 3rd row seat

2014 range rover sport widest tire with third row

22 rims on 5 2 seating range rover sport 2014 forum

fit 22 inch wheels on 2014 range rover sport

how wide tyres can you put on a range rover sports 2013

range rover sport 3rd row

range rover sport forum rims

spare tire range rover sport 2014
Click on a term to search for related topics.