Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By serge

Thread: After market 22"

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

After market 22"

Hi Guys,
    I got some aftermarket 22" with 285-35-22 tyres mounted and balanced from long time seller on e-bay. Had local shop put them on. The fronts feel great but the backs are lumpy and hopping. Took it to rover dealer to see if they can balance it better. The service mechanic said they are not centered when were mounted on the truck possibly need a centering hub ring or different size nuts. Nobody seem to know what the hub size is on 2014 Sport (not the dealer). And the place that sold the wheels insists its the same as old Sport 72.6 mm. The fronts on the other hand fit and drive perfectly, no vibration in the steering wheel, but the backs are doing hula !
    Any ideas ?
    Last edited by serge; 05-05-2014 at 06:43 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Just an update to the after market 22". I finally got it all settled ( after buying spare rim and two sets of tyres ). The hub size is the same as old sport 72.6 mm, so you can get all the rims you see on e-bay and they will fit. The problem I had is that if you buy wheel tyre package, the shops use new BUT poor quality tires which are out of round and impossible to balance ! So the rims fitted OK , but I had to pay for another set of well known brand of tires. Also buying sensors with the set was a waist of money. Did not work.
    I had to go to the dealer buy another set of sensors and have them install it (extra $1000 for sensors and labor ) But I am happy with the final result... looks great and sticks to the road in the corners almost as good as my Audi quattro!
    Delboy and andywill like this.

Member #
    Hi serge iv'e just bought some after market 22" for my rrs got a lot of vibration from 50 mile per hour onwards any answers ?

4. Remove Advertisements
    RangeRoverSport.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Hey folks, I was also looking at some new custom wheels for my RRS. I actally like the set on the very first RRS (all black matte with chrome bolts - https://www.carid.com/gallery/land-rover/). Yet after reading the second post in this topic I'm not sure I want them. Or if you buy a new set which was never installed and they give you a set of TPMS sensors in there... will it work you think? Because I do not feel comfortable giveing anoher $1000 to the dealer to make the new wheels work without giving that TPMS error, you know.