Off Road tyres on 2014 Sport
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Off Road tyres on 2014 Sport

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Off Road tyres on 2014 Sport

I got the dealer to remove the new 255/55 20 Pirelli Scorpion tyres and replace with Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/50 20. Perfect fit, no rubbing at any suspension height and no discernible road noise.... and they look great! Name:  IMAG2227.jpg
Views: 21033
Size:  100.1 KB
    Last edited by JHNZ; 04-22-2014 at 02:47 AM.
    rrDan likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Have you had any issues with the traction control or any warning lights? Your overall outside diameter is quite a few mm larger than factory if you went up to 275 wide and stuck with the 55 aspect ratio. I had a problem on a car when I was 3mm over factory diameter. Keep in mind your speedometer will be slightly off as well. If you don't have any issues after a couple months let us know. This could be an option for me in the summer months!

-d

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Update

Quote Originally Posted by dRifter23 View Post
    Have you had any issues with the traction control or any warning lights? Your overall outside diameter is quite a few mm larger than factory if you went up to 275 wide and stuck with the 55 aspect ratio. I had a problem on a car when I was 3mm over factory diameter. Keep in mind your speedometer will be slightly off as well. If you don't have any issues after a couple months let us know. This could be an option for me in the summer months!

-d
    Sorry....a typo. The Coopers are actually 275/50 20...therefore almost identical to factory diameter.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RangeRoverSport.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JHNZ View Post
    Sorry....a typo. The Coopers are actually 275/50 20...therefore almost identical to factory diameter.
    lol…. That makes more sense. Awesome! Give us an update after a few thousand miles! I really don't want to go with summer or regular A/S for summer. I am just curious about road noise and ride comfort after you have some miles on them. I do a fair bit of back country exploring and camping so my vehicles are never just relegated to the asphalt jungle, however I can't deal with a huge sacrifice in comfort as the RRS is still my daily driver.

-d

Member #
    Liked
    11 times

Pirelli Scorpion ATR

Quote Originally Posted by dRifter23 View Post
    lol…. That makes more sense. Awesome! Give us an update after a few thousand miles! I really don't want to go with summer or regular A/S for summer. I am just curious about road noise and ride comfort after you have some miles on them. I do a fair bit of back country exploring and camping so my vehicles are never just relegated to the asphalt jungle, however I can't deal with a huge sacrifice in comfort as the RRS is still my daily driver.

-d
    I put the ATR 275/55R20 on from the get go. Had these on another 4wD got great mileage and performance. Voted by 4WD Action magazine in Oz as best all terrain tyre. Road noise at highway speed is fine, I don't think you would be able to tell from stock. Yes these are taller than the stock tyres, which is good as it means a little more clearnance on rutted trails. Do they rub - just occasionally on full lock on the tyre splash guard not on the panels, not an issue really. Speedo correction, not really, checked the Speedo on 2 GPS, speedo showed same as GPS or maybe 2kph out if I was really picky. It was nowhere near what I expected certainly did not have to change the scanguage for speed correction. As a daily driver tyre really excellent, good grip and handling. Best of all in the US this size can be got for about US$250, down under that can blow out to US$750/tyre. You lucky sods - you get the Range Rover Sport for about half what we have to pay, tyres for about a third and fuel is cheap too. You guys must be in 4WD heaven! Enjoy!

Cheers
    Ozsport

PS. Done 2500kms on these now, still very happy.
    SDV6, Pirelli Scorpion ATR , Scanguage2, side protection tubes, Shuroo, LED driving lights,

Member #
    Looking for any more information on how the Cooper Zeon LTZ's are running on the 2014 RRS. One of the posters mentioned that he was running this tire in a 275/50/20, but Cooper doesn't show that size - only a 275/55/20.

I'm looking to replace the stock 255/50/20 Michelin latitudes with something more aggressive and larger. The Cooper LTZ in a 275/55/20 seems to be a good tire, but I want to make sure it will work with the electronics, etc.

Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Looks great! Notice any difference with fuel milage?

Quote Originally Posted by JHNZ View Post
    I got the dealer to remove the new 255/55 20 Pirelli Scorpion tyres and replace with Cooper Zeon LTZ 275/55 20. Perfect fit, no rubbing at any suspension height and no discernible road noise.... and they look great! Name:  IMAG2227.jpg
Views: 21033
Size:  100.1 KB

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by desert d View Post
    Looking for any more information on how the Cooper Zeon LTZ's are running on the 2014 RRS. One of the posters mentioned that he was running this tire in a 275/50/20, but Cooper doesn't show that size - only a 275/55/20.

I'm looking to replace the stock 255/50/20 Michelin latitudes with something more aggressive and larger. The Cooper LTZ in a 275/55/20 seems to be a good tire, but I want to make sure it will work with the electronics, etc.

Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks...
    Hi, Sorry for the late reply on this. I seem to have made a bunch of typos in my last posts.....the Coopers are actually 285/50/20 which replaced the stock 255/55/20 Pirellis. I have now done 4,000km with no problems. Tire height is about the same so only the width is different. There is no rubbing at any suspension height. Still no noticeable road noise. Hope this helps! :-)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rrDan View Post
    Looks great! Notice any difference with fuel milage?
    Hi Dan. I had the Pirelli's removed at birth so I haven't got anything to compare them with. The fuel economy is better than the 2010 RRS TDV6 (3.0l) I had previosuly which also had the Coopers. For the record, I made a mistake in my first post. The Coopers are 285/50/20.

Member #
    There shouldn't be any problems with the traction control or ABS as long as all four wheels match, even if the size is not perfectly stock. There could be a problem if you have a flat and your spare wheel does not match the other three, however. Particularly, the Transmission Control Module (surprisingly) will be the system that has the biggest objections.
    In fact, the Transmission ECU is so sensitive that putting one new tire on a car with three worn tires will set fault codes and trigger warning lights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

20 cooper ltz range rover

2014 range rover sport offroad tires
275 55 20 on range rover
cooper ltz tyre forums
cooper tyre forums
range rover sport 275-50-20

range rover sport cooper ltz

range rover sport off road tyres
Click on a term to search for related topics.