Hi all,

My RR Sport is 2011, 3.0 diesel auto and has done about 150k km. I'm based in Mallorca, which means a lot less options when it comes to reliable repair centres....and the language barrier doesn't help me either. I also don't want to be the ripped off "Johnny Foreigner" that I hear so much about.

A couple of days ago, I started to hear a weird whirring or whining noise on start up and for about 30 mins. It seems to go when it's properly warmed up. It's loudest when I'm pulling off in first gear and whirrs even when stationary and in neutral. I have a video of the noise but don't know how to post it here.

For a variety of reasons, I haven't had it serviced for a year so I added 3 litres of oil just in case it was that. I was stuck in the middle of nowhere so it was my only hope as I had an hour drive home.

Unfortunately, the noise has come back. There are no leaks that I can see so could it be transmission? I haven't added or changed transmission fluid since I bought it 2 years ago.

I think i saw a warning saying something about battery or power supply failure, but it went as quickly as it came.

I want/need to sell it soon but don't want to sell the problem to someone else so I would be extremely grateful for any help 🙏