Range Rover Sport vs Jeep Cherokee SRT8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rrDan

Thread: Range Rover Sport vs Jeep Cherokee SRT8

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Range Rover Sport vs Jeep Cherokee SRT8

How do you think the new 2014 Range Rover Sport stacks up against the 2014 Jeep Cherokee SRT8?

Both are in a similar price range (RRS V8 slightly higher).

Here a couple of side by side photos:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    El Chorizo likes this.

Member #
    They are both pretty awesome vehicles. Hard to beat the SRT8 power though

Member #
    Would be embarrased to be seen in the GP......... Unless it's a technological tour-de-force compared to the simpler RRS ?

4. Remove Advertisements
    RangeRoverSport.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    The SRT8 will be a more sporty driving experience. I've driven it. But there is no such thing as luxury in it.

A more suitable comparison of SRT8 is Cayenne Turbo. A Cayenne Turbo owner can opt for the SRT8 for about half the price if performance is his or her only requirement. Cayenne has the performance and a lot more.

The RRS is an overall sport luxury SUV with an extraordinary road presence whether driven or parked.

While there are few comparisons for Range Rover such as LX570, GL550, Escalade......I think the RR Sport is in a league of it's own. It's bigger & taller than Cayenne, ML and X5 so cant exactly be compared to those. It's much much sporty than the LX570, GL550 and Escalade so it cant exactly be compared to those.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 03LX470 View Post
    The SRT8 will be a more sporty driving experience. I've driven it. But there is no such thing as luxury in it.

A more suitable comparison of SRT8 is Cayenne Turbo. A Cayenne Turbo owner can opt for the SRT8 for about half the price if performance is his or her only requirement. Cayenne has the performance and a lot more.

The RRS is an overall sport luxury SUV with an extraordinary road presence whether driven or parked.

While there are few comparisons for Range Rover such as LX570, GL550, Escalade......I think the RR Sport is in a league of it's own. It's bigger & taller than Cayenne, ML and X5 so cant exactly be compared to those. It's much much sporty than the LX570, GL550 and Escalade so it cant exactly be compared to those.
    Uhm.... I must disagree with you, the SRT8 is larger than the RRS. In fact it would be fair to say that the RRS is just a larger Range Rover evogue. That said, there is much to be taken into account when comparing the SRT8 to the RRS, the two vehicles are nothing of the same. I for one quite like the RRS but find that the SRT8 is better positioned to meet my needs (technologically, configurability, and financially).... a better packaged performacesport SUV, if you want a luxury SUV then you'd be looking in the wrong category... try Range Rover "Big Body".

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Disclaimers: I am surrendering my 2011 Jeep WK2 Grand Cherokee Summit for a new 2014 RR L494 Autobiography. I have driven the SRT8. I am a professional designer.

Dimensionally, these two vehicles are within about 1-inch of each other, yet the L494 looks more compact and elegant. The SRT8 weighs 57 pounds more than the Rover. The RRS has a 224 pound GVWR advantage. RRS has a 516 pound towing capacity advantage, if that matters. Both vehicles look much better in person than they do in photos.

For fair comparison, I am comparing the SRT8 to the V8+Dynamics RRS variant. The SRT8 makes 470 horsepower to the Rover's 510. The Jeep's engine displaces 4.6 liters, the Rover's 5.0 liters. Both engines sound fantastic! The Dynamics Rover is quicker and faster.

The RRS's suspension is vastly superior to, and more comfortable than the SRT8; the ride is more secure and more compliant, less truck-like.
    The SRT8 has a slightly tighter turning radius than the Rover.

The interior of the SRT8 is much busier, "bling-ier" than the RRS. The instruments on the Jeep are flashy, and I find overwrought. The RRS, IMO, has a much more elegant interior and instrumentation package. The seats in the RRS are (for me) vastly more comfortable than the seating in the SRT8 (this was a Big Deal for my consideration and trade-up process). The SRT8 has 1" more rear legroom. The quality and "feel" of the RRS's leather and interior surfaces is superior to the SRT8. The SRT8 has more, and more useful interior stowage compartments than the Rover. The SRT8 has a very useful 120v outlet at the rear console (I so wish Rover had one of these!). You can carry more in the SRT8.

Navigation and audio systems are, hands down, the Range Rover's advantage. Upgrade to the Meridian Signature Audio package and you will likely never want to leave the Rover's cabin. That's my plan, anyway...

At an equivalent level of trim, power and options, the SRT8 will cost less than the Range Rover Sport V8 Dynamics package. The comfort, sophistication, and aspirational presentation of the Rover were, for me, worth the cost.

Around here, the SRT8 might be the more impressive vehicle if you lived in New Jersey or parts of Long Island. The L494 would be the acknowledged "winner" in Greenwich CT, upscale Brooklyn, Manhattan, the hedge fund's parking lot, or at the country club (I don't belong to one anyway). Regionally, the Land Rovers have more often been the specific target of carjackers, so I will need to up my situational awareness and maintain "Condition Yellow/Orange" when my forays take me to the Big City.

The Rover will probably piss more (jealous) people off than the SRT8. Anyone who understands the whole MOPAR culture will drool over the SRT8. With either of these fine vehicles, "you either get it or you don't."
    Society must consider both Rights and Duty. If Duty is compelled, Citizens may feel their rights abridged. To remain Constitutional and free, Society must embrace a process of consideration and Morality that will collectively prove the Individual superior to the State.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyII View Post
    Uhm.... I must disagree with you, the SRT8 is larger than the RRS. In fact it would be fair to say that the RRS is just a larger Range Rover evogue. That said, there is much to be taken into account when comparing the SRT8 to the RRS, the two vehicles are nothing of the same. I for one quite like the RRS but find that the SRT8 is better positioned to meet my needs (technologically, configurability, and financially).... a better packaged performacesport SUV, if you want a luxury SUV then you'd be looking in the wrong category... try Range Rover "Big Body".
    The SRT8 will probably appeal the most high end SUV owners looking to get more bang for their buck but if prestige and head turning is the customer's goal then the RRS or the RRS S/C has that pedigree and tradition. A Jeep will always be a Jeep and a Range Rover will always be a Range Rover. Put both cars in front of anyone and say; "Pick one, it's yours, FREE!" And I'll bet most will choose the Range Rover. Also, the Range Rover has a much better balance of performance and off road capability than any SUV on the market. A Porsche Macaan or whatever it's called can never do what a RRS can but the RRS can do what the Porsche can.
    2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black with Black piano wood interior, Alcantera/leather seats with rear DVD package.

Member #
    it looks great, but it seems a bit outdated in 2016

Search tags for this page

jeep and range rover
jeep srt vs range rover

jeep srt vs range rover sport

jeep srt8 vs range rover sport
range rover sport vs jeep grand cherokee srt8
range rover vs jeep
srt8 vs range rover sport
svr vs srt8
Click on a term to search for related topics.