Modifications - and so it begins!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Modifications - and so it begins!

Member #
    Liked
    11 times

Modifications - and so it begins!

Just thought I might start a little thread on mods. Two simple ones to begin with, after more off road suitable rubber.

1. Scanguage 2
    2. Addition of a secondary fuse block that will be used for accessories eg driving lights, Shuroo, roof lights on the roof rack and so on.

Cheers
    Ozsport
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    SDV6, Pirelli Scorpion ATR , Scanguage2, side protection tubes, Shuroo, LED driving lights,

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Nice, I'm interested to see what type of performance mods will become available.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    Liked
    11 times

LED Lightbar

Got the light bar in now to tidy up the loose ends! Looks good though.
    Cheers
    Ozport
    dr_ashk likes this.
    SDV6, Pirelli Scorpion ATR , Scanguage2, side protection tubes, Shuroo, LED driving lights,

4. Remove Advertisements
    RangeRoverSport.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsport View Post
    Cheers
    Ozport
    Wow that looks factory installed! Nice fit!

-d

Member #
    Cheers
    Ozport
    i love it
    can you please post some more photo of it , especially in night
    and can you tell me from did you buy it?

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_ashk View Post
    i love it
    can you please post some more photo of it , especially in night
    and can you tell me from did you buy it?
    I used a 40 inch lightbar, can't recall the brand. However if I was doing it again I would use an Aurora single row 40 inch bar. Mounting it is tricky, the Aurora bar is thinner than mine and would give you more mounting options. It will take some thought though!

If you are contemplating something similar here is how. Using the RH headlamp for the high beam source.
    1. Remove the front grille. A long handle screwdriver comes in handy to help release the tabs approaching it from inside the grille whilst pulling from the outside. It is fiddly so be careful and patient. Instructions are in the owners manual.
    2. Empty the front washer bottle.
    3. Undo the bolts holding the washer bottle one on the top, one in front behind the grille, you will spot it once you have the grille removed.
    4. Lift the washer bottle out of the way, now you have easy access to the wires behind the headlamp.
    5. Gently tease the wires apart and select the blue wire with the green stripe.
    6. Using a scotchlock (wire joiner) connect a wire from the blue/ green wire to the relay as the switch wire. Wire the relay to the lightbar and power source etc.
    Put it all back together.

Good luck here is what it looks like on high beam. It is really bright! When I get a chance I will post some photos with it on an off in the outback.
    Last edited by Ozsport; 12-21-2013 at 02:43 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Some shots of the lights - high beam on - no light bar and with the high beam and light bar both on. Easy to tell which is which! Photos take with my iPhone. With the light bar on more lateral infill, greater distance and much whiter. To gain more distance I will need to angle the light upwards a little more. I was on top of a crest at the time so the road drops away about 300m ahead.
    Cheers
    Ozsport
    dr_ashk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Some shots of the lights - high beam on - no light bar and with the high beam and light bar both on. Easy to tell which is which! Photos take with my iPhone. With the light bar on more lateral infill, greater distance and much whiter. To gain more distance I will need to angle the light upwards a little more. I was on top of a crest at the time so the road drops away about 300m ahead.
    Cheers
    Ozsport
    That makes a huge difference!! I may have to look into something like that. Nice work!

-d

Member #
    Liked
    11 times

Grille Mesh - Added protection.

Name:  IMG_0763.jpg
Views: 1840
Size:  26.8 KB

One of the things about travelling around Oz is the number of animals and dirt roads we have in abundance. The RRS swallowed a wayward parrot the other day so that got me thinking I need to protect the front end from more little creatures and flying stones etc. So mesh is now applied to all front orifices. I also applied mesh to the rear of the front grille when I had it off to wire up the light bar.

Cheers
    Ozsport

Name:  IMG_0767.jpg
Views: 1777
Size:  23.7 KB
    Last edited by Ozsport; 12-23-2013 at 03:40 AM.
    Straddy and dr_ashk like this.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times

Rear Body panels and Diffusers

Name:  IMG_0775.jpg
Views: 1782
Size:  25.3 KB
    Covering empty spaces behind the rear wheel arches has the potential to reduce drag, increase downforce. The RRS already has a number of body panels that smooth the underbody airflow but behind the rear wheels to the rear bumper is less than optimal.
    Name:  IMG_0776.jpg
Views: 1781
Size:  22.3 KB
    Currently trialling a prototype underbody panel and a future modified rear diffuser - currently under construction. Prototype is made of 2mm aluminium and the future panels will be a carbon fibre/kevlar composite. I will be watching the fuel consumption carefully over the next few weeks to see if there are any discernible changes. Seems to have improved to 7L/100kms around the city at the moment. However, the main reason for this was to protect the rear electronics when off road. Panels can be easily removed as they use existing mounting points.
    Cheers
    Ozsport

PS Happy new year to all New Range Rover Sport Owners
    dr_ashk likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

range rover sport front tow hook

range rover sport modifications

range rover sport off road modifications

shu roo mark 2 wiring diagram

shu roo wiring diagram

shuroo attachment

shuroo wiring

shuroo wiring 2015
Click on a term to search for related topics.