Modifications - and so it begins! - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Modifications - and so it begins!

Member #
    Liked
    11 times

D-pillar observations on and off

I have nearly finished the next version on these so I took off the prototype ones to set up things. Then as it happens went on a little trip without them, cruising at 100kph, only 2 hour trip this time. Having spent 10+ hours in the car last weekend things were obviously different.

What was interesting was the car was not as planted, noticed this in 3 ways. First, the steering wheel needed more constant little corrections in straight ahead at high speed, this was not evident with the prototype on. Second, buffeting from other vehicles was a little more noticeable and finally there was more wind noise.

So it may be that with these side spoilers on the wake characteristics are changed enough to decrease rear end lift at speed, being noticed by the driver as a less floating feel to the car, and hence less steering angle corrections.

Anyway, I can't wait to get the final version back on now. I shall post some pictures when re-installed.

Cheers
    Ozsport
    SDV6, Pirelli Scorpion ATR , Scanguage2, side protection tubes, Shuroo, LED driving lights,

Member #
    Liked
    11 times

Newsflash: plug and play suspension kit for RRS

Hi everyone

Picked up on the AULRO website that a plug and play suspension kit is now available for the Sport. With no need to cut wires. Gives more flexibility to suspension settings. 3 settings, Lo -20mm, medium and Hi, which can all be set at on and off-road heights. The suspension system works as per normal just with modified heights. Apparently been available for Discos for some time. Tried and tested in Outback Oz.

Cheers
    Ozsport
    PS
    I have no vested interest in this product and I am not a vendor trying to sell them nor do I get commissions from any sales. Checkout AULRO or Llams.com.au. if you are interested and purchase at your own risk!
    SDV6, Pirelli Scorpion ATR , Scanguage2, side protection tubes, Shuroo, LED driving lights,

Member #
    Liked
    11 times

D-pillars almost done

Here is the latest version. Happy with how these work, may do a better one later. Had a few glitches with the layup resin. Still feel that stability and economy are better with these attached. Wish I had a wind tunnel to prove it!

Cheers
    Ozsport
    Attached Images Attached Images  

4. Remove Advertisements
    RangeRoverSport.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    11 times

Front Strut Brace - Carbon Fibre

Got to thinking you can never have too much stiffness upfront!

There is already some body mounted front braces but linking across the two strut towers should help with increasing rigidity a little more even though the suspension set up is pretty good.

So made up a carbon fibre brace to link the towers, looking forward to more winding roads and the suspension on dynamic.

Cheers
    Ozsport
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Search tags for this page

range rover sport front tow hook

range rover sport modifications

range rover sport off road modifications

shu roo mark 2 wiring diagram

shu roo wiring

shu roo wiring diagram

shuroo attachment
shuroo wiring 2015
Click on a term to search for related topics.