LR-TDV6 to be discontinued?
    Member #

Question LR-TDV6 to be discontinued?

They are not available anymore in the UK configurator. SDV6 HSE is the "cheapest" option.
    Does anybody know whether they are discontinuing this engine?. I know that the FFRR has this engine in some markets (the same for the Discovery...).
    Cheers

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by vicmoto View Post
    They are not available anymore in the UK configurator. SDV6 HSE is the "cheapest" option.
    Does anybody know whether they are discontinuing this engine?. I know that the FFRR has this engine in some markets (the same for the Discovery...).
    Cheers
    Hi - I was putting off purchasing a TDV6 SE and due to myself working abroad and not really needing the car. Had registered my interest with the local dealer who contacted me just after Xmas. Informed me of what we now know, and that the SE was to be discontinued as of the end of January in the UK market.

The rationale given was the fact that the Diesel Euro models HSE and above all shared the same power plant (SDV6) and thus to run the line for the SE meant a significant change to the production line. As you point out other markets still have the TDV6, so not certain how true this is. The dealer did indicate that originally, and for the face life model of the Discovery 2014 model, the SDV6 was originally proposed, but was dropped. On going having 2 x diesel engine with the same cc just does not seem logical; so to answer your question I think the days are numbered for the TDV6 - but for how long, who can tell.

I would tend to believe that with RR production running at a maximum, to run off units with a list price, and in the case of the UK £9k less than what they could achieve, just does not make economic sense.

I wanted the SE simply as this was 'old technology' and history tells me that gremlins are usually ironed out and the engineering is tried and trusted Thus the engine, the Terrain Response, and 4x4 system etc are all old school. Coupled to the fact that I did not need the additional whistles and bells the £9k saving was to go to miss.

Member #
    Hm. That is interesting. Thats for posting. I have to think about that.

Search tags for this page

discontinued range rover
rang rover sport discontinued

range rover sport discontinued

range rover sport se discontinued
range rover tdv6 se discontinued
range rovers discontinued engine
Click on a term to search for related topics.