Six months in- compilation of all mechanical issues
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

Six months in- compilation of all mechanical issues

Ok. I love my RR Sport- when it's running correctly. It seems like I'm the only one posting horror stories with the issues I've had so far. Since taking delivery of my sport in December, here's everything that has gone wrong:

1. Drivers side passenger rear door latch needed replaced- couldn't open or close the rear door
    2. Power seat control for front passenger seat needed replacement
    3. Entire gear shift module needed replaced as my vehicle would not go into gear.
    4. Battery had to be completely replaced after I had complete electrical failure due to a "bad cell"

So for the first six months I've been averaging about two weeks in the shop
    Per month. This is my first non-German vehicle and my friends warned me about Range Rover's bad reputation when it comes to maintenance. The lesson I've learned is to never again buy the first model year of a new design. Based on this experience, I will wait a year or two for the bugs to be worked out the next time I purchase a new vehicle.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Wow, sorry to hear about all of the problems. How has the dealership treated you with all of these issues?

Member #
    The sales side has been sympathetic but the service side of the dealership has been terrible. It's almost like they expect their vehicles to be in constant repair. They don't call to give any updates and I have to track them down to find out anything about my vehicle. I always come in every month with a sarcastic "just making my monthly drop off for more repairs" comment to which there's never any sympathy or apology for having a crap product.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RangeRoverSport.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    It's probably your attitude that gets you the silent treatment from the people at Land Rover Austin. They have more Gold Certified Land Rover Technicians than any other dealership, I believe. If you really think your new Sport is a crap product, perhaps it is not the best car for you.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Other than a nagging 'tranny' dashboard light, that was extinguished with the latest flash, I've had no problems whatosever ... about 9500 miles in on an August / September 2013 delivery.

Mr. Hayes

Member #
    To Wrenchbender: Really? That's the kind of attitude here? I'd be a bit honked off too, if my new Sport had so many problems. Obviously, the "Gold Certified Technicians" aren't worth their weight in, you know...GOLD. Is your sourness related to the fact that you're possibly a mechanic working on these cars?
    Last edited by Dana; 07-17-2014 at 08:07 PM. Reason: So the right person sees this

Member #

Soft Door close

I have a 2014 RR Sport - Since Feb 2014...I have soft door close option...have had latches between 2 doors replaced 5+ times.....now dealer telling me no longer covered under warranty...but won't tell me why....no door slamming EVER.....latch goes and door will not stay shut....nothing in owner's manual about soft door close and how to use it or not use it.....so can totally relate......would love to hear from others who had this issue as well as someone from Land Rover if they are reading this!!

Member #
    Have you tried contacting their corporate headquarters about the door issue or look into the lemon law since its the same issue not getting fixed?

Tapatalk v3.5.1-still worst update ever!

Member #
    It's par for the course as far as I'm concerned. I was devoted to German cars having owned 4 VW's and one Audi until Oct of 2014 when I took possession of my 2010 RRS S/C.

From October 2014 to Feb 2016 I managed to rack up over 30k worth of warranty work, all covered to the nine's through Land Rover's CPO Warranty. When I first bought it, one of the mechanics said "drive the shit out of it so you can get everything repaired under warranty." Now I know why. On average I was bringing it in once a month for every little thing that was wrong and the only thing they didn't cover was a new battery. Not too shabby when you compare the cost of a battery vs 30k worth of parts and labor lol. We are now over 2 months out of warranty and so far so good. The car runs like a top.

Member #
    BTW, it's not the guts of the cars that really cause problems. If these cars were as basic as a Honda then yeah I'd bet they would be pretty reliable but they are not. They have dynamic stability control, air suspension, a supercharger, hydraulic bushings and the list goes on and on. These cars need a lot of TLC and in my opinion, they are just too diva to take off-road even though they can damm well handle it. I took mine off-road and then had to go through a 5 stage cleaning process that took hours to get the car back to show room condition and ready for a wedding. Don't buy one of these things if you think you're getting a maintenance free tank...... Because you're not. Buy it, enjoy it and leave the warranty work for the dealership. For what it's worth, my local LR dealership gave me EXCELLENT warranty coverage and service. Try getting a Honda dealership to cover 30k worth of warranty work. Near impossible!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast